Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT)
Korean Council for University Education (KCUE) is launching a new scholarship entitled “Higher Education for ASEAN talents (HEAT): Scholarship Opportunity for ASEAN Faculty Members in the Republic of Korea”. The purpose of this program is to invite faculty members from ASEAN higher education institutions to support their acquisition of a doctoral degree in Korea with the aim to enhance their expertise and promote people-to-people exchanges between Korea and ASEAN.
Year 2022: 40 candidates
* Country Quota and University Quota may vary depending on the application result.
◦ 3 years (September, 2022 ~ August, 2025)
◦ Roundtrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class flight ticket
◦ Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month
◦ Relocation (Settlement) Allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
◦ Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution
◦ Dissertation Printing Costs: 400~600 USD, depending on the actual cost
◦ Language Training Costs and Medical Insurance: the amount coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university
◦ Others: Various incidental allowances depend on each university
◦ All grants will be paid in KRW, and amounts may vary depending on the exchange rate.
◦ Applicants with ASEAN citizenship
◦ Applicants who are academic faculty members at 4-year college/university* in their home country
(*Higher Education institution offering bachelor’s degree or equivalent courses)
◦ Applicants whose highest educational attainment is a master’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who are in good health both physically and mentally to allow them to pursue their studies while residing in Korea over the long term.
◦ Applicants who have discussed an academic leave of absence with the university they belong to and how to contribute to their school after their return.
◦ Applicants who are younger than 45 years old on the day that the doctoral program starts (i.e. September 1, 2022).
◦ Applicants who have a sufficient level of proficiency in Korean or English.
◦ Applicants who meet each university’s additional requirements.
For more information please visit HEAT