Walailak University’s Academics Named World’s Top 2% Scientists
Recently, Elsevier, SciTech Strategies, Inc. and Stanford University have released the 2021 Stanford University list of the World’s Top 2% Scientists, a total of more than 100,000 in 22 major disciplines and 176 sub-disciplines.
The selected names are most-cited scientists recorded in the 1996-2020 Scopus database; includes standardized citation metrics are the number of citations, co-authorship, and H-index. World’s Top 2% Scientists are of two categories:
1. Those with career-long citation impact
2. Those with a single calendar year’s impact
For 2021 Standford Unviersity World’s Top 2% Scientists, the following three WU researchers have been named:
1. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Manat Chaijan, School of Agricultural Technology and Food Industry, ranked the 884th among 58,351 researchers in the field of food science.
2. Assoc. Prof. Veeranoot Nissapatorn, M.D., School of Allied Health Sciences, ranked the 530th among 33,142 researchers in the field of tropical medicine.
3. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nuttawit Wattanasakulpong, School of Engineering and Technology, ranked the 3,971st among 285,331 researchers in materials science.